Portal bridge allows protocols to permissionlessly send their tokens cross-chain, allowing access to more markets and users! Using Portal bridge as the canonical bridge to send your token cross-chain ensures there is no double wrapping of your asset when sending it between multiple chains. Following the guide below ensures that the token name and symbols appear correctly on the explorers.
Origin chain: The chain the tokens are minted on
Target chain: The chain you want to send the tokens to
- Send tokens to target chain via Portal bridge
- Add token to the token list (Coingecko, Coinmarketcap etc)
- Ensure the token contract’s name and symbol are correct on the EVM chain
- Send tokens to Solana via the Portal bridge
- Ensure the token contract’s name and symbol are correct on the origin EVM chain
- Send tokens to target chain via the Portal bridge
- Add token to token list (Coingecko, Coinmarketcap etc)
Using the token origin verifier:
- 2.Select chain as Solana, paste in the token contract address
- 3.In Bridge Results, select the target chain
- 4.Hover on top of the token name in bridge results, it will show the correct name on the target chain <token name> (Wormhole)
Using Solana explorer:
On Solana, you’ll be able to see if your token has on-chain metadata by searching the token on the Solana explorer and details in the metadata tab.
Example of a token with no on-chain meta data:
- If the token is originally from Solana, ensure the token has on-chain meta data
- Once updated, You’ll need to contact the relevant explorer to update their on-chain data.
The token logo is retrieved from token lists such as Coingecko and Coinmarketcap. Please contact the token lists and add your token to their list.
The token name is retrieved from token lists such as Coingecko and Coinmarketcap. Please contact the token lists and add your token to their list.
- If the name on the target chain explorer appears as (Wormhole), please contact the explorer to update the name.