Tutorial: NFT Origin tool
Users may use the NFT Origin tool to help manually verify the authenticity of an NFT.
Note: The tool only tell you the origin of a NFT which can help you to verify it manually. It will not tell you whether a NFT is a real or fake.
- Select the chain the NFT is currently on (Ethereum) & connect your wallet
- Paste the address & tokenId
- Click view sol scan
You can manually verify the NFT's authenticity via the creator address & mint address.
On Solscan, we can compare the creator addresses with another NFT on a verified NFT collection in a marketplace such as solanart.io.
- Head to solanart.io & select the collection. In this example we are using Degen Ape Academy which has a verified collection of Degen Apes.
Origin details of the Ape that was sent over from Solana to Ethereum:
When you compare the two, the two creator addresses & update authority are identical so you can manually verify that the piece is authentic.
- Select the chain the NFT is currently on (Solana) & connect your wallet
- Paste the address
- Click View on Opensea
- On Opensea, you can tell that this piece has been verified, hence is not a replica.
Last modified 1yr ago